MAEA Art Exhibits: Educator and StudentOctober 15, 2012
MAEA member opportunities
One of the benefits of being a member of the Maine Art Education Association (MAEA) is that the professional organization offers opportunities to exhibit artwork for teachers and for students. During October MAEA partnered with Maine College of Art (MECA) for an exhibit at MECA that was fantastic. MAEA member and art teacher from Brunswick High School Allison Price is the present coordinator for the member art exhibits and is dedicated to offering outstanding exhibit opportunities. Allison worked with Jane Dalton and Kelly McConnell from MECA to arrange for the recent show and I understand, will again next fall. There are two more exhibit opportunities planned for teachers this calendar year in other venues. If you are a member of MAEA you invited to participate. Please contact Allison for the details. If you are not a member you might want to consider joining by contacting the MAEA membership chair Constance Panetski.
Art teachers are invited to submit one piece of artwork from their school for the Maine Art Education Association (MAEA) and Maine Education Association (MEA) student art exhibit annual event.
- The first 30 student artworks will be accepted
- The length + width cannot exceed 30 inches
Teachers who are both MEA and MAEA members may submit one piece of student artwork to celebrate Youth Art Month. This work of art will be framed by the MEA and will hang in the Maine Education Association office in Augusta. The frames are great and the reception is very nice. Many teachers, MEA employees and other visitors who go to the MEA office really enjoy viewing the student artwork. This is a great way to highlight the work that students do in art and the work art teachers do.
- Email MAEA board member Kay Allison at email@example.com so she can insure space for the 30 pieces
- Kay will confirm your current MAEA and MEA membership status. Once notified, please mail artwork ASAP or by December 17, 2012 to Kay Allison, 101 Brentwood Dr., Auburn, ME 04210. *If you sign up, your spot is secure. December cancellations does not allow time to find a replacement.
- The show will hang from February 2013 through November 2013 in the MEA office in Augusta. *Only submit work that can hang for the entire length of the exhibit.
- The exhibit opening will be on Sunday, March 3, 2013, 1:00 to 2:30 PM. Presentations will be at 1:30. Refreshments will be served.
- At the conclusion of the exhibit in November, the artwork will need to be picked up, the framed artwork returned to the student by the teacher.
- Invitations will be sent to participating teachers to pass on to the students.
- Attach the following name tag to the back of the artwork. Please use this name tag so the information will be consistent.
- Please fill out the media release form filled out and attach it to the back of the art. This will insure that the invitations are accurate.
Please secure the following information to the backside of the artwork.
MEDIA RELEASE FORM
Please include this information with the artwork.
I give the Maine Art Education Association permission to print my child’s artwork and name (first and last) in both printed and electronic newsletters.
I give the Maine Art Education Association permission to publish my child’s artwork and name (first and last) on a student art website called Artsonia.
I give the Maine Art Education Association permission to print my child’s artwork and name (first and last) for the postcard invitation for the student art opening.