Over the last six years, the MLTI device has featured screen savers featuring outstanding student works of art (twenty each year). To date, there have been well over two thousand pieces of artwork submitted. WOWZER! Currently images are made available as a screensaver download on the following MLTI Devices: HP ProBooks & Apple MacBooks.
The opportunity to submit artwork is available to Maine students in grades K-12. MLTI asks that students submit only ONE piece of artwork to be considered for 2015-2016 MLTI devices. Please take careful note of the sizing and labeling requirements. Submissions not meeting these requirements or students submitting multiple works will not have their artwork reviewed. The deadline to submit artwork for this challenge is January 2, 2015. Works of art submitted will be scored by an independent review committee using a rubric.
The students whose artwork is selected will have their artwork on 2015-2016 MLTI Devices, receive free Student Conference registration (May 21, 2015) and also have their artwork printed and displayed at the Department of Education in the spring.
Please submit your artwork to Juanita Dickson. Anyone can submit the artwork (guardian, teacher, student, etc), but please be sure to include the following information in the email:
- Student name
- School name
- Teacher (Adult) name & email address (this is who we’ll contact with result)
- Artwork title
Don’t forget to read the guidelines! If your picture is not properly sized/submitted, it can not be considered for the challenge.
For the artwork submission guidelines (.pdf) please click here.
MLTI Artwork Challenge Timeline
- January 2, 2015 – Submissions due.
Please email your submission to Juanita Dickson at email@example.com. Confirmation of receipt will be emailed to you.
- January 3 – January 20, 2015 – Selection committee reviews submissions using a rubric.
- January 25, 2015 – Teachers of the students with selected pieces will be notified by this date. A release form will need to be signed by parents and sent back to MLTI before any names are released to the public.
- February 15, 2015 – Release forms due to back to the MLTI Project Office
- Late February 2015 – Selected artwork information released to the public.
- May 21, 2015 – Student Conference. Selected students will be invited to join us at the Student Conference free of charge (students will need to complete online registration)
Please contact Juanita Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To view all of the past screen saver images please click here.