Five high school music teachers perform at Augusta Civic Center
While hundreds of Maine residents attended Governor LePage’s reception on Wednesday evening The Downeast Brass Quintet performed. It was fun to watch and listen to the group, who are not only talented musicians, but they also are music educators. Their “show” includes some numbers with hats and action that are fully appreciated by watching them.
This was a chance to reflect on how many arts educators are not only doing a great job everyday in classrooms but also performing and exhibiting in communities across Maine. This was an especially proud moment! Congratulations to the musicians – “you done us all proud!”
The Downeast Brass musicians are:
- Dwight Tibbetts who teaches grades 5-12 in Augusta
- Loren Fields who teaches at Lawrence High School in Fairfield
- Andy Forster who teaches at Messalonskee High School in Oakland
- Mike Peterson who teaches in Messalonskee Middle School in Oakland
- Mark Mumme who teaches at Noble High School in North Berwick
Earlier in the day at the inauguration music educator Jillaine McGough did an outstanding job singing the Stars Spangled Banner just before the Governor was sworn in to office.
It was fun to see her at the evening reception and a treat to spend a little time chatting with Dwight’s family and Jillaine!