ACTEMJune 22, 2012
The Association of Computer Technology Educators of Maine (ACTEM) is a well-established organization that crosses over all content areas with a focus on helping its’ members achieve their goals utilizing technology effectively.
The benefits are enormous and all for a $20.00 individual membership. They have several professional development opportunities during the year and are continuously improving what they offer. Every time I read their newsletter I learn something valuable.
The ACTEM conference is scheduled for October 11 and 12 this year and is held at the Augusta Civic Center. Some districts make the day a PD day so all of their teachers can hop on school buses and attend the conference together. There are three national top-notch speakers scheduled David Warlick, Steven W. Anderson, and Christopher Tully.
Member benefits include:
- Eligible to apply in advance for up to $400 in professional development reimbursement you pay for personally
- $20 discount on MAINEducation Conference registration for October 12
- Eligible to participate in ACTEM-sponsored trainings
- Quarterly newsletter and luncheon at ACTEM Business Meetings
- Eligible to purchase some software titles where applicable
- $50 for lifetime membership for retired ACTEM members (does not include $400 Professional Development reimbursement rights)
Call 1-866-99-ACTEM to renew with a credit card. Form and additional info at JOIN ACTEM at actem.org
The Maine Arts Assessment Initiative appreciates the support from ACTEM.