Maine Arts Education Census UpdateFebruary 16, 2016
Maine’s Award winning singer-songwriter, Noel Paul Stookey, is serving as the Champion for the Statewide Arts Education census. Mr. Stookey of Peter, Paul, and Mary fame, is acting as honorary Chair, advocating for the census and arts education throughout the process. Mr. Stookey’s message to principals is located at https://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/Arts-Education-Census.
You might be wondering how the data collection is going for the Statewide Arts Education Census. Great news – we have reached 57% of all schools completing the survey! Remember that our goal is 100%. Our increase this week was 7% or 36 schools this week. You may have had something to do with the increase. If so, THANK YOU so much! This represents 328 schools – GREAT news!
Three superintendents regions have broken 60%, they are: Washington – 69%, Aroostook – 64%, and Cumberland – 60%.
If you are wondering what Superintendents Region your school is in, please go to THIS LINK on the Maine Department of Education website. AND, if you are wondering if your school principal has completed the survey please go to https://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/Arts-Education-Census-Status and the entire list of schools who have completed the survey has just been updated.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ASSIST?
Below is all of the information on the Statewide Arts Education Census project. Please share.
- Provide the link to the census website information if they’d like to learn more: https://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/Arts-Education-Census
- Provide the link to the .PDF of the survey questions: https://mainearts.maine.gov/CMSContent/arts_in_education/2016_0106_Arts_Ed_Survey.pdf
- Provide the link for the actual online survey to the school principal: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MAINE_ARTS_ED
- If there are questions about the survey contact, Catherine Ring at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there are technical issues with the online survey, please text/call Surale Phillips at 406/600-7537 or email at email@example.com.
ONE SURVEY PER SCHOOL
We ask that the school principal complete the survey so there is only one survey per school submitted. However, you can certainly help by taking a look at the .PDF and offering the principal your assistance to complete the survey.
PROJECT PARTNERS AND ENDORSEMENTS
The Maine Arts Commission is working on the census with the following organizations: Maine Department of Education, Maine Principals’ Association, Maine Alliance for Arts Education, Maine Art Education Association, Maine Music Educators Association, and The New England Institute for Teacher Education.
If you have questions please don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.