Phase VI MALI Leaders AnnouncedJune 8, 2016
Teacher Leaders with a twist
Almost exactly one year ago the teacher leaders were announced for Phase V of the Maine Arts Leadership Initiative. I am excited to share with you that the Phase VI Teacher leaders have been selected for the initiative. In addition, Teaching Artists Leaders have been selected.
In August they will attend a 3-day professional development institute at the University of Southern Maine expanding their knowledge in teaching and learning in the arts and have opportunities to network. During the 2016-17 school year the Teacher Leaders will present workshops at the Regional and Mega-regional levels across the state. Teaching Artists Leaders will create resources and workshops to share throughout Maine as well. Watch for the blog posts with more information on the opportunities provided by Phase VI of MALI!
CONGRATULATIONS and here’s to the following PK-12 arts educators and teaching artists for stepping forward and taking on this important work across Maine! Continuing with the initiative for Phase VI are many of the teacher leaders from Phases 1 through 5! Thank you for your continued support, interest, and for taking on the role of leader!
TEACHING ARTISTS LEADERS
- KAREN BROOKS – Visual Artist
- TIM CHRISTENSEN – Visual Artist
- JERI PITCHER – Theatre
- BRIGID RANKOWSKI – Mixed Media, Movement/Flow Arts, Film
- CYNTHIA STREZNEWSKI – Woolwich Central School, grades K-8
- DANIELLE SULLIVAN – Sherwood Heights Elem School, grades PK-6
- JASON BANNISTER – Troy Howard Middle School, grades 7-8
- PAM CHERNESKY – Houlton Middle/High School, grades 6-12
- RICK OSANN – Bonny Eagle High School, grades 9-12
- JEAN PHILLIPS – Wiscasset High School, grades 9-12
VISUAL ART EDUCATORS
- JACLYN BOUSQUET – Traip Academy, grades 9-12
- PAM CHERNESKY – Houlton Middle/High School, grades 9-12
The Maine Arts Assessment Resource website is located at http://www.maineartsassessment.com/.
The MALI Resource Bank is located at http://www.maineartsedresources.org/.