Portland Museum of Art Open HouseMarch 10, 2017
Teachers, we appreciate you!
In appreciation of teachers the Portland Museum of Art is having an Open House, just for you!
Thursday, March 23
Drop in any time between 3:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Free; registration is strongly encouraged.
R.S.V.P. by March 10 to Louisa Donelson, Associate Educator for Youth Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teachers, you are our best allies when it comes to sharing the PMA collection with Maine youth and we want to show our appreciation with a free Open House. Teachers in any subject, Pre-K to 12, as well as homeschoolers are invited to visit the newly reinstalled PMA.
Participate however you like, for as long as you like.
- Join in interactive gallery activities such as haiku writing or
contour line drawing.
- Explore our reinstalled galleries, which now host 20% more art.
- Learn about our new school tour themes from staff and docents
- Network with educators across grades and disciplines.
- Tour the new Peggy L. Osher Art Study and Collection Committee Conference Room (3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. only).
- Enjoy complimentary refreshments.
- Receive complimentary classroom resources.
Note: educators are always welcome to visit free of charge to assist in field trip planning. Information on parking can be found here.
Student and teacher programming at the PMA is made possible by Unum.