Maine Sunday Telegram
Read the following articles in the Maine Sunday Telegram and Portland Press Herald:
- Student jazz fest a harmonious convergence and yesterday Four high school jazz ensembles judged tops in Maine, both written by J. Craig Anderson at http://www.pressherald.com/2016/03/12/musicians-from-30-maine-high-schools-compete-at-jazz-festival/.
- In the Audience section of today’s paper http://www.pressherald.com/2016/03/13/students-artistic-expressions-celebrated-across-maine-in-march/. Students’ artistic expressions celebrated Across Maine in March written by Bob Keyes. This article covers
- Poetry Out Loud finals being held on Tuesday, March 15, 3:00 PM at the Waterville Opera House. The competition itself is organized nationally by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation and administered at the state level by the Maine Arts Commission.
- Eighteen schools competing in the state Drama Festival March 18 and 19, Camden Hills Regional High School (schools with 525 students or more) and at Stearns High School, Millinocket (schools with 525 or fewer students). The Maine Drama Council works with the Maine Principal Association to provide this opportunity for students/schools and the community. For more information https://sites.google.com/site/medramacouncil/home/.
- Portland Museum of Art Youth Art Month exhibit with 100 artworks by 80 students. For more information http://www.portlandmuseum.org/exhibitions/youth-art-month.
- Maine College of Art showing the state high school Scholastic Art Award winners.