Novice and Experienced Teaching Artists invited
Monday, August 3, Wishcamper Center, USM, Portland, 8:30 – 4:00
The Maine Arts Commission invites you to a day of networking and professional development with PK-12 Visual and Performing Arts teachers.
The day includes workshops designed specifically for Teaching Artists plus opportunities to engage with more than 50 teachers from Maine and NH about arts education; teaching, learning, standards, assessment, advocacy, and other pertinent topics.
You may choose to participate with the teachers as they continue their professional development work on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 4 and 5. However, Monday is designed especially for YOU, the Teaching Artist.
The day includes lunch and is FREE but you MUST APPLY by July 15. The application is located at THIS LINK.
- Network with PK-12 Arts Educators and other Teaching Artists
- Exhibit your Teaching Artist materials and skills
- Participate in workshops designed specifically to help you succeed as a Teaching Artist
- Gain insights and new knowledge about working in public schools
- Identify as part of a professional Teaching Artist field
- Learn more about the Maine Arts Commission’s Teaching Artist roster
Presented by Maine Arts Assessment Institute (MAAI) of the Maine Arts Commission. To learn more about the MAAI please go to http://mainearts.maine.gov/Pages/Education/MAAI#.
If you have any questions please contact Argy Nestor, Director of Arts Education, Maine Arts Commission, email@example.com.